Thursday, June 28, 2007

BIG Doin's Last Night

Big Doin's Last Night May 9, 2007

I had two gigs last night. Felt like the old days. 
Played the Opry with Matraca Berg and Gretchen Peters. We thought it would be cool to kick off our Wine Women and Song tour at The Opry.  It was actually Gretchen’s first time to perform there. It is such an honor to be on that stage, I think we all got a little weak in the knees. You know there are some pretty spooky vibes out there. You always want to do a good job and stay on their good sides. ooooh Anyway i think we did well cause I heard people clapping and some were even throwing babies in the air:) We are all leaving this Sun. for a two week tour(not to be confused with a  three hour tour a three hour tour) in the UK. I hope to see a bunch of you there. Unique show.

Later in my crazy rock and roll life, I went to 12th and Porter to sit in with my good buddy, Brad Colerick on Bill Block’s Western Beat. Brad has  an awesome folky/ country voice and some great songs. I felt bad cause he had an earlier slot on the show, but since he had to wait for me, he went on after the slammin’ southern rock group. Tadah! He surely prevailed though and folks were swayin’ and a-groovin’. You’ll hear more about Brad soon. I sang a duet with him on his new CD “Lines In The Dirt” due out in July. Stay tuned for a preview..woooooo

Anyway, havin’ the time of my life with all the collaborations I’m doing these days. There are so many incredibly talented folks out there. Sometimes I get to meet ‘em and be friends and make magic. Gosh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home