Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Moved

I have spent the evening listening to Song of America. It is a project that I contributed to, but until I felt the sum of the givings, I did not fully understand the impact.

It is a project that begins with such beautiful innocent intentions and I cannot be anything but a person that delivers the "news" in this case.

I have always been intuitive as to which people and projects are directed by heart and not commerce. This is scarily the case here. 50 songs. Does anybody really give a "rat's you know what" about the songs that addressed the many trials, objectives, and social hurdles we've faced? I guess "YES!"

I grew up singing a bunch of these songs in school and I believe that our music teachers were trying to give us a history lesson along with the good time. The melodies are infectious, but the lesson is.......LISTEN.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home